- Strawberry ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce (recipe follows)
- Scoop ice cream into dishes. Top with sauce, then whipped cream and a sprig of mint.
Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
- 4 C strawberries, quartered
- 4 C rhubarb, diced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 – 1 C sugar, based on your desired sweetness
- 1/4 C water
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 35-45 minutes.
- Will keep in fridge up to two weeks.
*This sauce is also yummy warmed up and served on French toast or pancakes!*
*As seen on Twin Cities Live May 31, 2019