- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 1/2 C white vinegar
- 6 tsp kosher salt
- Handful of fresh dill sprigs
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp mixed peppercorns
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 Kirby cucumbers, quartered with ends cut off
- 6 young carrots, peeled and halved
- Handful of snap peas, de-stringed
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 head fennel, sliced
- 2 quart jars
- In medium saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Reduce to simmer, add garlic cloves and cook 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar and salt and stir, while simmering, until salt dissolves.
- In 2 qt jars, divide fresh dill and spices evenly. Add 5 garlic cloves to each jar.
- Pack veggies in jars tightly.
- Pour hot brine over veggies.
- Let cool, cover, and refrigerate. Shake gently over the next few days to redistribute spices.
*Pickles will last up to 2 months in fridge.
*As seen on Twin Cities Live July 12, 2018