- 3/4 C peanut butter
- 3 Tb coconut oil
- 1/3 C finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste (We are fans of Nielsen Massey)
- 6 of your favorite apples (crispy is best for this!)
- 6 wooden dowels
- 1 batch Caramel Sauce (recipe follows)
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Wash and core apples.
- Fill with peanut butter mixture. Place in fridge a few hours to firm up peanut butter mixture.
- Tip apple so peanut butter filling is at 3 o clock. Push wooden dowel 3/4 way in (dowel is going in perpendicular to peanut butter!)
- Dip in caramel. Let sit on greased wax paper until set and enjoy!
- 2 C brown Sugar
- 1 C agave syrup
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- In medium saucepan combine sugar, agave and butter.
- Turn heat to medium, when butter is melted, stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- Insert candy thermometer into pan.
- Increase heat slightly. While stirring constantly, cook until sauce reached 230-235 degrees.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla bean paste.
*Try dipping different shapes and varieties of apples and topping with different treats!
A few combos we like…
-Sweet Tango apple, dipped in caramel, sprinkled with Chocolate Sea Salt.
-Put wooden dowel in a crispy pear and dip in caramel sauce for Caramel Pears!
-Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel, swizzled with white and dark chocolate.
-Snow Sweet Apple dipped in caramel drizzled with dark chocolate and sprinkled with Craisins.
As seen on Twin Cities Live October 30th, 2013