- 1/2 C old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 Tb Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Rhubarb Vanilla Sauce, as topping (recipe follows)
- Place ingredients in jar. Stir well, cover and place in fridge overnight.
Rhubarb Vanilla Sauce
- 2 C rhubarb, chopped
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C water
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Orange zest
- Place all ingredients, except orange zest, in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer for 6-8 minutes until rhubarb is just tender.
- Let cool, serve a few spoonfuls on top of each oatmeal.
- Zest a little orange over the top.
*As seen on Twin Cities Live May 31, 2019