- 4-5 lb red Kuri squash, roasted
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can chili in adobo
- 5-6 C chicken stock
- In a medium dutch oven saute onion over medium heat. When translucent, add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Spoon a little chopped chili and sauce from the can.
- Scoop squash from skin, add to pan and saute a few minutes. Add stock and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Let cool a little, then carefully puree in blender.
*The final amount of chili you use is up to you. Try the squash before pureeing and add more if desired.
*As seen on Twin Cities Live October 16, 2019