- 8 lemons cut in half and dipped in 1/4 C sugar (you can use plain, but Vanilla Sugar, Lavender Ginger Sugar etc are super fun too!)
- 1 C sugar
- 2 C water, separated
- Grill lemons, flat side down, over medium heat until sugared end is caramelized.
- While lemons are cooling, make the simple syrup. Simmer 1 C sugar with 1 C water for 5 minutes, until sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- Squeeze lemons, you should have 1 C juice.
- Stir in simple syrup, add remaining water to adjust taste.
Delicious served on ice, extra tasty with a splash of bourbon!