*This recipe can be easily made in an 11X13 pan or works nicely in two 8X8 pans*
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken
- 2 1/4 C chicken stock
- 4 Tb butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4″ half moons
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dynamite Herbs
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 C milk
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 C frozen petit peas, thawed
- 1 C pearl onions
- 1 C fresh sweet corn
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store bought
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large Dutch oven, bring chicken stock and chicken breast to a simmer.
- Keep heat low and cook until chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Move cooked chicken to a bowl and reserve stock in another container.
- In Dutch oven, melt butter. Saute onion, carrots, and celery until tender.
- Add garlic, Dynamite Herbs, and turmeric and saute one minute.
- Stir in flour and cook one additional minute.
- Whisk in stock and milk, bring to a simmer. Continue whisking until all lumps are gone.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook until sauce thickens.
- Shred chicken and add to sauce. Stir in peas, pearl onions, sweet corn, and fresh lemon juice.
- Check seasoning, and pour into pan.
- Roll piecrust to point where 1/2″ of the crust hangs over pan.
- Fold overhang in to it is flush with the sides of the pan.
- Cut several slits on top to let steam escape.
- Brush top with egg wash.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until filling is bubbly.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
*If you make two small pans, you can wrap and freeze the spare for later. Just take from the freezer, brush with egg wash, and bake at 375 degrees until filling is bubbly and top is browned.
*Feel free to add broccoli, bell pepper, green beans, butternut squash cubes, etc. if you would like!
*As seen on Twin Cities Live September 3, 2019