- 1 lb Kirby cucumbers, ends removed and sliced into 1/8″ rounds
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 C sugar
- 1 1/4 C white vinegar
- 1 Tb dried minced onion
- 1 Tb coarse kosher salt
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 2″ piece fresh turmeric, peeled and halved
- Place cucumber rounds and onion wedges into sterilized quart jar.
- Put remaining ingredients in small saucepan and bring to boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour over cucumbers in jar and cool.
- Cover and refrigerate. Gently shake over the next few days to redistribute spices.
*Pickles will last up to 2 months in fridge.
*As seen on Twin Cities Live July 12, 2018