- 1 C cooked seasoned taco meat* (ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken are all yummy)
- 2 C black beans
- 2 C hominy
- 1+ cup salsa (if you simmer too hot and cook out too much liquid add a little more)
- 2 C cheddar cheese
- Toppings: Chopped tomatoes, sour cream, black olives, chopped lettuce, jalapenos, fresh cilantro, more shredded cheddar, tortilla chips etc.
- In skillet combine taco meat, black beans, hominy, and salsa.
- Bring to a fast simmer over high. Stir for 1 minute, stir in cheddar cheese and simmer until heated through (about 1 minute longer).
- Scoop into dish and top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives a little more cheddar, a sprinkle of cheddar and a few jalapenos.
*I cooked 1 lb ground beef with ½ packet of Golden Fig Santa Fe Dip and ½ C water
**This also works for a tasty enchilada filling. Simply make recipe up to adding the toppings, place the hot mixture into enchilada shells, roll and top with toppings.
As seen on Twin Cities Live September 25th, 2013