- 3 Tb sunflower oil (or canola, any high heat oil works)
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced into angled rounds
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 C broccoli florets
- 1 C mushrooms, sliced
- 1 C asparagus, in 1 -2 inch pieces
- 1/2 C soy sauce
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 C Ginger Maple Syrup (We are partial to 3 Rivers)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Heat oil in skillet on medium high heat. Add onion and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and carrots and cook 5 minutes longer, until carrots start to soften.
- Add soy sauce, lemon juice, maple syrup, sesame seeds, peppers, broccoli and mushrooms then cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add asparagus and cook a few minutes longer.
- Serve as a side dish or over rice.
*If you don’t have Ginger Maple Syrup you can substitute a little fresh grated ginger root and use regular maple syrup.
As seen on Twin Cities Live May 2nd, 2013